Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blessed...

As I sit in my apartment listening to the amazing music of one of my favorite worship bands, Bellarive, I can't help but just see how blessed I have been in the last two years being a part of the church family that is Amp'd College Ministry. Last Wednesday our pastor Chris Ogden was speaking on the love of Christ and how we need to show it in an authentic way and he challenged us to examine our lives and figure out if we are showing the love of Christ and if we are not to identify that thing that is keeping us from doing so. Well I don't know if Chris knows but that message hit the spot. As I realized that I was leaving Amp'd for six months to follow Jesus to California I couldn't help but remember that there in the midst of my friends that I now call my family is where I first experienced the love of Christ. An overwhelming sense of peace and love overcame me and I broke down because I was so thankful at how much God has blessed me with this ministry. I sometimes wonder where I would be today if I had not been called out of the life that I was living in. If I had never met the people I know if I hadn't had the opportunity to do the things I have done at First Baptist Church. I feel like God was telling me you were shown the love of Christ now I need you to take a step of faith and follow me to where I call you... I need you to spread the love of Christ somewhere new. Not gonna lie my flesh was a little angry, but then I took a step back and realized that God has a plan and in his amazing plan many great things are gonna happen. Things that I will be able to experience and be in the midst of. What more could I ask for?

I have decided to start this blog to be able to jot down my thoughts and the things that God is doing daily in my life. I would hope and pray that everything I write on here will be edifying and that they will bless those who read them. I am so happy for the opportunity that God has given me and I can't wait to go on this crazy journey that he has called me to. I will try to keep this updated but I don't know what my schedule will look like once I start working at Saddleback so hopefully it won't be too crazy and I will be able to update often.

To my friends and family in Orlando I will miss you greatly. Jeannie you are not only my best friend but you are a sister to me. I am so encouraged by the passion and the love that you have first for Jesus and second for people. I see great things being done through you this year. God has amazing plans and I am sad that I won't be able to see them but I look forward to hearing about them. Continue strong and know that you are in my prayers. To my big sis, Damaris I know that it is sad to see me go, but you know that God will use this for his glory and that he takes care of us in every step we take. I love you with all my heart and I hope you know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. I know that although you might not understand right now why I have to go I know God will show us both why and I know you will be there for me regardless. To the rest of Amp'd College Ministry... I love each and every one of you. I look forward to coming back and seeing the unquenchable fire that burns in your hearts for Christ. I look forward to many more days of worship and service together and I pray that God will bless us all to continue on this journey together. Don't worry about me... I'll be back. Keep strong and stay focused don't let anything distract you from the goal at hand. I love you all. Now I'm gonna go pack because I am one and a half days away from leaving and have not packed anything. Keep ya posted... I promise!! Love you all and God Bless.

                                                                                            In His Love,
                                                                                                        Matteo

1 comment:

  1. we miss you so much but we know that somewhere down the road we shall all see each other again and as I said to u the last night at Bible study this is not so much goodbye as we shall see you soon. Miss you
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete